DIY Softbox




Another one!

Ok! So this time, I made a video tutorial about how to create and build your very own DIY Softbox with the lights inside, so that you can use it as a source of constant video lighting for your home studio.

The build is very easy and the whole process can be wrapped up under an hour, with waiting for the spray paint to dry up being the most time-consuming part.

Items required;
1. 3x Fluorescent lights.
2. Cardboard Box.
3. Cardboard sheet (20cm x 30cm).
4. 3x Bulb sockets and a sufficient length of wire.
5. White spray paint.
6. Butter/cooking paper.

Tools on hand;
1. Measuring stick/ruler.
2. Hot melt glue gun.
3. Box cutter/Scissors.
4. Screwdriver.

Extra Notes;
I am satisfied with the build shown in the video, though I must mention that I went on to make another light the other day.
With the second light, I modified the design a bit that is instead of completely sealing the box with the diffusion paper permanently, I made another rectangle out of cardboard and stuck the diffusion paper to it so that the diffusion screen should be able to detach with an additional advantage of accessing the lights inside.